Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Warmachine!

by Ishamael

Hey folks, I'm here to make my first post on Privateer Press' miniatures war game, WARMACHINE. While I have only just recently had models come into my possession, I'm going to give my initial impressions, and the plans I have for the army.

With only a few games under my belt, I can say that this game is quite different than other wargaming systems. Requiring one to plan ahead through the allocation of focus, as well as knowing what your caster is capable of doing, in addition to the rest of one's army, is quite a bit of fun. Since I started playing Khador, my favorite units so far have been the Widowmakers and Winterguard Rifle Corps. The former rocks for high RAT and the Sniper special rule, the latter for its field control, as well as allied units being able to draw line of sight through them. With these preferences in mind, I have calculated the following 35 point list to build:


Sorscha List 35pt
Kommander Sorscha 65
Beast-09 11
Battle Mechaniks (Leader and 5 Grunts) 3
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts) 4
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew (Leader and 2 Grunts) 2
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew (Leader and 2 Grunts) 2
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (Leader and 9 Grunts) 8
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (Leader and 9 Grunts) 8
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich
Widowmaker Marksman 2

It is a Sorscha-themed list (y'know, because you get bonuses for themes in this game). With units able to control the movement of enemy infantry, as well as decent ranged anti-jack units in the Widowmakers and field gun crews, I hope to be able to stall enemies, cripple their forces, and use Beast/Sorscha as a countercharge bomb against anything that gets close. The Winterguard units, through Grigorovich's speeches, can stand up and take enemy charges to buy more time.

So, here are my initial thoughts on playing Khador in Warmachine, and soon I hope to set up some pictures in an attempt to plan out my tactics for fighting.

Just something to prove I'm playing multiple game systems!

Messias non est,
Ishamael

No comments:

Post a Comment